“Creative Industry Showcase in Kansai”, a content industry trade show introducing Kansai-based films and animation will be held Sept. 29-Oct. reports a Yomiuri Shimbun article on June 21. Dubbed as a Kansai-version of the Japan International Content Festival in Tokyo, the Kansai event, which will include producers from China, South Korea and other countries, will focus on cultural exchanges.
Organized by the Kansai Bureau of Economy, Trade and Industry, the Kansai Economic Federation and other groups, the event also aims to establish a business network of content industry companies in Asian countries, the article states.
Currently scheduled events include:
- an international film conference (Sept. 29-30)
- and a symposium on comics (Sept. 30) in Kyoto
- an animation workshop in Kobe, featuring voice-dubbing artists (Sept. 29-30)
- an Asian contents market in Osaka, focusing on negotiating and featuring a business plan competition (Oct. 1-2)
- a screening of Asian films (Sept. 29-Oct. 2) in Osaka
- a cinema competition, featuring never-before-seen movies (Oct. 4-6) in Tanabe.